Take your Arduino project to the next level: connect it! This workshop prepares you to connect to your Arduino using wifi, bluetooth, and more.
· 1st Segment: Overview of networking with Arduino
This segment will explore the different options available to makers and developers for using Web services API, cloud storage, etc. We will setup accounts on Xively, ThingSpeak, Twitter or any other participant preferred online social network
· Short Break
· 2nd Segment: connecting Arduino using an Ethernet shield
Build connected Ethernet Arduino sketches that sends data to the local network, to Twitter or to an open source platform for the Internet of Things (such as Xively or ThingSpeak) to log and display the data.
· Short Break
· 3rd Segment: connecting Arduino using a Wi-Fi shield
Build connected Ethernet Arduino sketches that sends data to Twitter or to an open source platform for the Internet of Things (such as Xively or ThingSpeak) to log and display the data.
Day 2 Required Materials:
- one Arduino board: Uno, Due, Leonardo, or other popular boards
- Arduino IDE: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Personal laptop (PC or Mac)
- Twitter account: http://www.twitter.com
- Xively account: https://xively.com/
- ThingSpeak account: https://thingspeak.com
- Participant’s favorite cloud service. We recommend setting up the account and learning the API before class
$200 for both days. Bring your Arduino or be prepared to buy one at cost from us, as well as a laptop with the Arduino IDE installed.